Re: Initial stap support for inode-based uprobes

On 11/16/2011 11:39 AM, David Smith wrote:

> I just got through running the systemtap testsuite on 2 different
> configurations:
>
> 1) stock f16 kernel and HEAD systemtap
>
> # of expected passes		3096
> # of unexpected failures	63
> # of unexpected successes	8
> # of expected failures		259
> # of untested testcases		61
> # of unsupported tests		4
>
> 2) f16 kernel with the new inode-based uprobes built-in and systemtap
> with a merged dsmith/task_finder2 and jistone/inode-uprobes branches
>
> # of expected passes		2638
> # of unexpected failures	329
> # of unexpected successes	9
> # of expected failures		251
> # of untested testcases		70
> # of unsupported tests		4
>
> That isn't too bad for a first stab.  Here's the link to the diff in
> dejazilla:
>
> <http://web.elastic.org/~dejazilla/viewrgdiff.php?rg1=402882&rg2=891228&_offset=0&_limit=40&_offset=0&testcase=&r1=&r2=>

I've looked into this a bit, and the lack of uprobes return probes
causes a good number of failures.  I've just checked in a change to
uprobes.exp, so that it tests .call and .return probes individually (as
well as together).  The inode-based uprobes code passes the .call probe
test.

--

David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com