This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Improve build-id checking when the task we're interested in isn't 'current'. git commit causing problems on ARM and IA64
- From: William Cohen <wcohen at redhat dot com>
- To: David Smith <dsmith at redhat dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:16:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Improve build-id checking when the task we're interested in isn't 'current'. git commit causing problems on ARM and IA64
- References: <4F76225B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F79FE43.email@example.com>
On 04/02/2012 03:30 PM, David Smith wrote:
> ../install/bin/stap -k ../systemtap/testsuite/systemtap.base/add.stp
Thanks for taking a look at this problem.
The git checkin fixes the problem for ia64.
The arm machine is using a kernel from the linus torvald's git repo. This particular kernel doesn't have utrace support in it, so it doesn't have CONFIG_UTRACE set. Thus, things still fail in the same way on the ARM machine.
Does this code work with stock x86_64 kernel? I am wondering why this problem wasn't seen on the x86 machine. Does the x86 not need to do the explicit flushes unlike the ia64 and ARM?