This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: csclient.cxx:2024:66: error: 'PR_NetAddrToString' was not declared in this scope
- From: Srikar Dronamraju <srikar at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Negreanu Marius <groleo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:41:07 +0530
- Subject: Re: csclient.cxx:2024:66: error: 'PR_NetAddrToString' was not declared in this scope
- References: <CAGV5d_1HidtMv1W1dAGf4Lpy=JPr158OLe1P-+5h-NdwBEtLZg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Srikar Dronamraju <srikar at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
> I'm compiling the latest master from git, and I get a couple of error
> like the one in subject.
> I've managed to find those functions are defined by libnspr and
> installed libnspr-dev on Ubuntu.
> Compiling went fine, but the linking broke with
> csclient.cxx:2025: undefined reference to `PR_NetAddrToString'
> Any ideas on why is this happening ?
> I can get rid of that linking error by changing the automake/conf scripts, but
> I though asking first might be better.
I faced similar issue yesterday while compiling on fedora.
However installing nss-devel solved the problem for me.
To reiterate, Even though I give ./configure --disable-server
--without-nss but nss-devel not installed, systemtap would fail to build
csclient.cxx. After installing nss-devel, the same configure command
Frank had asked me to report this problem on the list, but I forgot.
This seems to be recent regression, because I was able to compile and
use systemtap on that machine before and then it didnt have nss-devel.
Thanks and Regards