This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/14168] New: sanitize environment better for invoking kernel-module-builder make
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:49:34 +0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/14168] New: sanitize environment better for invoking kernel-module-builder make
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug #: 14168
Summary: sanitize environment better for invoking
Sometimes stap is invoked with a $PATH etc. that is not suitable for building
kernel modules, for example if an oddball compiler happens to be first.
Encourage buildrun.cxx to use the "system" compiler, assumed in /usr/bin.
Unfortunately, the kernel kbuild mechanism doesn't offer hints as to where the
compiler may have been when the original kernel was built.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.