How does embedded C + annotations + privileges really play together?

Hi,

I've been playing with embedded C in systemtap probes, and by studying
stap manpage (the version in F16) some things are not clear to me. It
seems that to use embedded C, one needs to *always* use guru mode.

Seems logical, but then there follows a description of "The embedded-C
code may contain markers to ...", which contains stuff like '/*
unprivileged */' and '/* guru */'. The first one says that with these
annotations it should be possible to use embedded C even as a
unprivileged user, and the second one seems simply redundant.

However, my experiments with stap server seem to refuse -g and
--privilege=stapusr options togetger.

Could anyone clarify how and if these annotations should really work?

Thanks,
--
Petr Muller