Function tree

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to implement a function tree.
Suppose that we want to know the calling function of __kmalloc (target function)
and for each one of them we need the file (from which they call __kmalloc)
and the relative line of code.
Something like this:
__kmalloc <- expand_files (fs/file.c line 248) <-load_elf_binary (fs_bimfmt.c line 554) ...

As far as I know, there is the caller and backtrace utility that
can provide something similar to what I'm looking for.
However, they don't provide information about the file
in which they invoke the target function (__kmalloc).
Is there any way to know that information?
Thank you in  advance,
Domenico