Using systemtap on fedora rawhide

Hi,

For those wanting to try our systemtap on fedora rawhide (the in
development version that will become f18), there are two issues to be
aware of. There was a recent switch from the 3.5.0 kernel to the
3.6.0-rc development kernel, which broke some runtime assumptions (e.g.
task_work was renamed to struct callback_head). So stick with 3.5.0 for
now if possible.

Also all user space was rebuild and now uses the dwz compressor:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DwarfCompressor
This introduces some new DWARF forms that are not yet recognized by
elfutils/libdw[fl]. There is a patch for that:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.elfutils.devel/2210/focus=2272
(Or use the mjw/dwz elfutils branch from git). With that user space
probing should work just fine. Without that you will just get the
message:

semantic error: while resolving probe point: identifier 'process' at
<input>:1:7
        source: probe process.function("main") { log("hit"); exit(); }
                      ^

semantic error: no match

The issue is that we don't check the result of dwarf_getfuncs (), and so
we just think there are zero functions. But even if we did,
dwarf_getfuncs () doesn't actually tell us there was a problem reading
the debuginfo, it just reports there are no functions.

Cheers,

Mark