Re: systemtap cross compile with out of tree module

On 01/18/2013 07:43 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> OK.  (I can't think of any reason why an out-of-tree module should
> behave differently in this way.  Do you have a
> $SYSTEMTAP_DEBUGINFO_PATH set up?  Perhaps stap is confusing your
> module with a request for a user-space process probe.)

I know there are parts of our code that don't have the context to know
whether an object path is a kernel module or userspace binary, and we
heuristically decide that absolute paths (starting with '/') must be
userspace.

This is probably such a case, and it's a pretty good example of why we
should fix those...