Re: Recent ARM systemtap test results using a kernel with uprobe support

On 10/30/13 12:57, William Cohen wrote:
Hi All,

I attempted to take a look over the recent arm test results on a kernel with
uprobes supoort:

http://web.elastic.org/~dejazilla/viewsummary.php?summary=%3D%27%3C5271348F.8020508%40redhat.com%3E%27

A lot of the tests passed as seen in the summary.

		=== systemtap Summary ===

# of expected passes		3106
# of unexpected failures	113
# of expected failures		283
# of known failures		37
# of untested testcases		174
# of unsupported tests		5

Below is a breakdown of of how things are failing:

When there are multiple uprobes on an executable the userspace application gets a sigsegv.  Have talked with David Long about this and have a replicator:

Thanks for the info.

It looks like I have a bad merge with recent-(ish) arch_uretprobe_hijack_return_address() changes, which is cause uretprobe to fail. This can be seen in the system log during the at_var test. What I thought was the obvious fix has not immediately solved the problem, but I am working on it. I don't know if a fix to this will solve the sigv problem or not but it would be interesting to see if it fixes other test failures.

-dl