Re: snapshot 7.1.90

   Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:22:07 +0100
   From: Marcus Schrattenholzer <1schratt@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>

   With the latest snapshot 7.1.90 we noticed the following:

   * Building does not work straight away under Solaris.
   The trouble with configure:
   Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.4 host.
   ./config.host: host_makefile_frag: not found
   Created "Makefile" in /home/marcus/xc7.1.90 using "config/mh-solaris"
   ./../config.host: host_makefile_frag: not found
   *** Expected host makefile fragment "./config/mh-solaris"
   *** is missing in /home/marcus/xc7.1.90/kernel.

Sigh, more bogosity in config.host.  You wouldn't think it would be
that hard to get right...

   After fixing this, still the X11 paths are not set.

Still have to figure that one out.

   "/usr/openwin/lib/config/site.def", line 30: macro UseInstalled
   redefines previous macro at "command line"

I'll flush that macro, seems not every imake knows about it.

   Under Linux, configure was okay, just when compiling there was minor
   trouble,
   related to cconq only:
     gcc -O2 -o cconq -g -DUNIX -I. -I./../kernel cconq.o cdraw.o ccmd.o
   ../kernel/libconq.a ../kernel/libconqlow.a -lcurses -ltermlib

     /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -ltermlib: No such file or
   directory

If ncurses is universal for Linux, then we can set up configuration
to use it... is it universal?

   * The much mentioned problems with the world view pixmap are still the
   same.

Yup, known problem, still need to write the code.

   * The visibility bug (one side getting something like the scope of the
     opponent, suddenly in combat) persists and spoils every game with
   strict
     scoping rules.

This is a new feature actually - you can specify that how much of an
opponent's view you get to collect as a consequence of capture.  It was
kind of silly that you can capture another side's capital and still not
know where the side's other towns are.  You can disable this by removing
the see-terrain-if-captured and see-others-if-captured things that are
at the end of standard.g.  I'll take this out of standard.g if everyone
agrees that this is a poor addition.

   * In the standard game, no nuclear bombs can be built any more (at least
   not
     with P (set unit production)). I guess, somthing goes wrong in setting
   up
     research, which is necessary to do before building.

I'll check into it.

   * ^E (disembark into same cell) doesn't work any more.

Ditto.