Re: cNon-developer comments and reports on 7.2

jan.javorsek@guest.arnes.si writes:

> Perhaps other candidates should be inspected. Gtk surely starts and runs
> faster on my small machine (P90 on 8bbp 1024/768). There is also fltk
> (http://www.cinenet.net/users/spitzak/fl/) that looks interesting, but I
> have never tested that.

My home computer is a i486/66, so I am very sensitive to speed issues
;-).  gtk has an important advantage: it is becoming the "official"
Linux toolkit (maybe even *the* GNU toolkit?), so it's going to be
developed and supported; documentation is getting there (although an
O'Reilly book would be nice).  I plan to look in depth at gtk Real
Soon Now, I tried last year but it was too early.  gshowimf?

> Yes, that would sure look good. But IMO the player often wants to see
> the situation in the whole ceel (and perhaps, to make your work harder,
> even click on an occupant and perfrom an action on the enlarded view of
> the cell).

I think a fully clickable magnified view of the current cell would be
extremely useful; it would eliminate most {'ing and }'ing, e.g. it's
quite common to have to pick a unit in a cramped cell and move it to a
distant destination.  I would be ready to shrink other subwindows to
make room.

	Massimo