This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Xconq project.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: internationalization
- From: Massimo Campostrini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 24 Apr 1998 11:41:40 +0200
- Cc: Xconq 7 Mailing List <email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980423201444.748Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
> I think there are more of us inclined to the idea of internationalisation.
> I would like to add that supporting other ISO "Latin" standards (I like
> Latin 2, for example), would not be any more difficult (since we can leave
> the task of providing the fonts to the people who want to use them): what
> we need is what must be done to GDL and a mechanism for
> encoding-translation for Mac.
Hmmm... "si" is Slovenia. Two-letter country codes, what a joke!
Supporting Latin-n one at a time should be easy (with the proper
fonts). Mixing them is probably not worth the trouble; Xconq will
have to move to Unicode anyway (do I hear "over my dead body"?)
BTW, does your language use declensions?