Re: manual bashing & lost-vanish-chance...

Hello!

I thought I'd de-lurk for a moment to make a small comment
regarding the manual.

     Nothing is "self-explanatory" or "obvious" when it
     comes to complicated systems like x-conq.  There
     were a few game design options in one of the older,
     5.x xconqs that I never understood, although they
     were essentially tagged as "self-explanatory."

     Please, for those of us who are slow and/or not up
     to speed on these kinds of sophisticated games,
     define all options, and if possible provide examples.
     Sometimes, there are assumptions assumed or intentions
     intended that are not known to many of us, and we will
     miss out on these subtle points.

For example, the four names you listed below (lost-*-chance)
refer, I believe, to what happens to units when a side loses
(maybe I'm wrong, and this is an example of something that
is not, to me anyway, "self-explanatory"), but could also
refer to random events.  E.g.  "lost-revolt-chance" could
refer to occupant units revolting if a city is lost.

I know I for one would very, very greatly appreciate such an
effort in the manual design!!!

Thanks!

Now, back to lurking ....

				Bob