Xconq Snapshot 7.2.90 Now Available

All sources (minus tcl/tk libs):
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7.2.90.tgz
tcl/tk libs:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7tk.2.90.tgz
C code etc:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7src.2.90.tgz
doc and lib:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7dlb.2.90.tgz
Diffs:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7.2.89-7.2.90.diff.gz

The big switch has been thrown!  Now under Unix, when you say
"configure" then "make" only the tcl/tk version gets built, and it's
called "xconq".  It also installs correctly (the tests I did worked
anyway :-) ).  Aficionados of the old Xaw/Xt interface can still get
it by saying "make all-xtconq", and the executable is (surprise) "xtconq".

The other big feature of this snap is that I've been experimenting
with improving the appearance of terrain.  Most of the terrain types
in the standard game now have 64x64 patterns with 8-16 colors each,
which gives the game quite a different look!  Also, there is an option
to display "terrain transitions", which make irregular boundaries for
the hexagons.  I'm still experimenting, and it's very slow, but I'm
not going to optimize it until I'm sure this is the right solution (it
looks better, but not as good as I was hoping).  Anyway, if you want
to check it out, find the "Transitions" checkbox on the Terrain Style
submenu of the View menu.

As usual, there are lots of bug fixes.  I tried the tcl/tk interface
with all the games on the game.dir list, and am working through all
the big and small problems that showed up.