Re: 2 Seg faults.

>title = possible_games[gamei]->title;
>
>where possible_games[0] is NULL due to the missing game library.
>
>Also when I try and run the standard game I get a segfault.  gdb output
>follows.
>
>(gdb) print fimg->data
>$2 = 0x0
>(gdb) print k

I already found these null pointers, and also a third one (try "Connect" in
the welcome dialog). Not my code this time, even though I 'm pretty good at
making null pointers :-). Stan has the fixes.

Hans

P.S. I seems that Stan was able to hunt down all the null pointers in "Big
Commit". My advanced game ane.g (for Ancient Near East) which just was
uploaded now runs under Linux without problems for at least 100 turns if
you put all sides on automatic (mplayer control). Try it out if you like to
play Civ, but be prepared for a long game! After all, it emulates human
history from 4000 B.C. to 200 B.C. Some of the advanced features still only
work on the Mac, but it is now playable on unix.

P.P.S. The "console corruption" you reported earlier was a macintosh é that
sneaked into the code. Sorry about that.

Hans Ronne

Ronne@bmc.uu.se