Re: Xconq on Windows

> java:

> Still trying to scope out the effort, in particular whether performance
> goals achievable.  Need sources to large (Xconq-sized) example.

http://games.playlink.ugo.com/

All the games online at this site are written in 100% Java, including an
Axis and Allies clone.

http://games.playlink.ugo.com/javaOne/ has a copy of their JavaOne
presentations, including "High Speed Animation in Java."

Another online gaming company which spoke at JavaOne simply put a thin
wrapper around OpenGL.  Their session was entitled "Massive Parallel
Processing, Keeping 10,000 online gamers happy."

I went to their sessions and these guys have been there and done it.