Re: xconq on x86

> You can always just select a different thing to build - but right now
> you have to switch to survey mode (gunsight/looking glass button),
> click on unit, click on build button, click on unit type, then switch
> back to move mode.  That's 5 steps, which seems like too many.  Can
> anybody point out a game interface that does this more efficiently
> and clearly?
i just playet around with civ CTP, there clicking on a city will select the
city making a subwindow active for e.g. building task, more clicks will cycle
through the present units. Not so bad after all... :)

>    I'd like to have a menu right at the beginning which says "Easy,
>    Moderate, Hard?"  I'm a really lame game player, and I like these pop-ups
>    on Windows games because I can select the Easy mode.  I got my ass kicked
>    on the Introductory game within like three minutes.
;D

> Heh, that's the first time anybody has wanted to make the Xconq AI
> *easier*... maybe that means it's getting better after all!
hmmm last time i played i ntoiced again the ai building carriers with nothing
inside.... quite strange beeing attacked by carriers with no occupants :D
BTW using submarines isn't very useful (at least last time i played in
standard), because they are quite immediately discovered.... shouldn't it be
better if they were discovered only when trying to attack or in general with a
smaller chance?

> Heh-heh.  There is a textual notice at the top, but it often scrolls
> by unnoticed.  The intro game needs real flags too, the numbers are
> lame-o fallbacks.  And yes, I would like to do sounds, unfortunately I
> don't know very much about making sounds in Windows apps - does
> anybody know of some good sample code to look at?
hmmm i would prefer more and better animations :D sounds could be dnagerous at
workplace ;D

> Thanks for the feedback!  I'm busy with a rewrite of the networking
> code for Unix/Windows and making good progress, soon I shall be able
> to take over your country personally...
ah perfect!

--
ciao bboett