[kingmt@home.com: [Fwd: Questions and Comments]]

Forwarding for a victim of the ORBS... -s

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:54:47 -0500
From: Michael King <kingmt@home.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Questions and Comments]

My mail server is listed in the ORBS database and as such I cannont send
mail directly to the Xconq7 mailing list. This is a copy of the email I
tried to send...

I happened to see a posting in the comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic
announcing a Windows binary available, so I checked out the site. Very
interesting. I do have the following questions and comments...

Question 1. Is there a client-server setup working now?? In all my
poking around the site and reading some of the mailing list archives it
looks like work is being done but not fully there yet...

Question 2. Is it possible to set up a game where the turns occured once
a week?? This would assume client-server setup and the ability for a
client to disconnect and reconnect without disrupting operation. Some
form of security would also be necessary to prevent an unscrupules
player from logging in as a different player to gain an unfair
advantage...

Question 3. How is combat resolved?? I saw the different modes of combat
but how exactly does one unit eliminate another unit?? I am assuming
this is answered on
the site, but I haven't found it yet, a pointer to the information would
be appreciated...

Comments:
  I have seen some of the emails about the "independent" vs "neutral" vs
"mplayer" ai. Depending on how the mplayer code is set up it might be
possible to make "ai personalities" to handle these situations. One nice
side effect is the ability to make a range of ai players ranging from
agressive to passive... Some of the denziens of comp.ai.games would be
more than happy to give input.
<<<<<

- --
 - Michael