[Fwd: Re: State of Xconq]

Some useful comments from Erik Jessen. -s

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: State of Xconq
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:32:13 -0800
From: Erik Jessen <erik.jessen@home.com>
To: shebs@shebs.cnchost.com

Stan,
I hear what you're saying.
>From my POV, as someone who plays strategy games:
- strategy games need to be turn-based, sequential because they require so
much thought & planning.
- "realtime" or "interactive" games are nice, but very hard to get to work

for example:
I would like to do a better all-of-WW2 using Xconq, as we're playing a
8-person game right now.
But, our players are scattered across Europe, US and Australia.  So, we'd
have to have some sort
of pbem game.

We're using Aide-de-Camp, which has a lot of limitations, but it's the
best there is.

if you want more people to play Xconq, post to the newsgroups where ADC is
used, to wargamers.org (?)
or sites like that - ask them to list Xconq, and you should get lots of
attention.  Point out some of the
tactical tank games, and how flexible they are, because people are always
coming up with new
scenarios using obscure tank models, or obscure battles.

If you have suggestions on how to do the WW2 game as pbem, I'd love to
hear them.

Regards,
Erik