Xconq 7.3 release proposal

I'm about ready to put out the 7.2.97 snapshot, just want to knock
off a couple more bugs.

I'd like this to be the last snapshot before 7.3.  I'd also like
7.3.0 to be the first in a series of more frequent releases, where
releases are more like the snapshots today, perhaps slightly less
frequent, coming out every 6-8 weeks or so.  Then if a release
proves to need critical bug fixes, then we can do 7.3.1, 7.3.2,
as needed.

Why do this?  Well, the current practice of trying to perfect
each major release isn't working - there's too much to do, and
much of it involves obscure corners that most players don't
notice.  So the net effect is that the world at large only
sees the last release, which is from two years ago, and inferior
to the current snapshot in many ways.  (This is just a longwinded
way to say "release early and often". :-) )

Anyway, next week I'm going to be vacationing in northern Italy
for almost three weeks - computerless - but Hans Ronne and Keir
Novik can write to the repository, so if you have any bug fixes
you can ask them to add the patch.  This is also a good time to
beat on the snap and identify any other bugs.  doc/TODO lists
known bugs that I think are the most important to fix for 7.3.

If all goes well, we should be able to release 7.3 around the
beginning of June.