Re: Can't give a town its independence

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> > So anyway, changing side_number probably masks the real problem, and
> > we should look at the callers more closely.
>
> OK, how about this (it also solves the problem):

This one is tempting, but of the three calls to grok_side, two are
for resignation, and in those cases the side result is to specify
who gets all your units, as for instance when you're playing
in teams and need to leave.  In that case resigning to indepside
is different from resigning to nobody, because units' fates
may be different.

So I would recommend messing with really_do_give_unit, make
both NULL and indepside results have the effect of making the
unit independent, plus tweaking grok_side to be clearer about
the options, since right now you can answer with "0" and get
indepside as a result, but users don't know that.