Re: key handling gets hosed

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> I just got xconq into a state in which it basically wasn't accepting
> keypresses.  I still could save my game from the menu, fortunately.
> But smaller fixes, like using the mouse to switch to survey mode,
> didn't fix keypress handling.
>
> What triggered this?  Seemed to be pressing the "b" key a few times in
> rapid succession although I'm not sure I'd swear to that.  I looked at
> the stack trace offered by the popup box, and it was hitting the
> following case in tcltk/tkconq.tcl (handle_key_binding):

Thanks for reminding me about this - it is readily reproducible, just
do a lot of typing while rolling the mouse around.  IMHO it's a bug
in tcl; the window reported for an event is not consistent with the
binding that caused the event.  In any case, with the benefit of
hindsight, I was able to come up with code that will make this problem
go away forever, and will check it in tomorrow morning.