From: Stan Shebs [mailto:shebs@shebs.cnchost.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 5:05 PM
To: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Remove the Xt/Xaw interface?

The latest round of checkins for view handling, generic commands,
and big icons presents a problem for the old Xt/Xaw interface; it
will no longer build without additional work.  Although this
interface is pretty effective for multiplayer games on a LAN, that
is about its only remaining advantage, and it's accumulated a
number of minor problems.  Also, the need to handle the possibility
of several active displays within a single program complicates some
of the shared code in image and UI handling.

So I'm considering removing it altogether.  However, if someone else
wants to take over maintenance of this interface, that would be
enough reason to keep it around; but it's too much work for me to
keep it going.  Of course, this is not irreversible, since 7.3 has
a working version of the interface, and source history is all in
CVS too.

So if nobody steps forward, I'll delete it from the sources at
the end of this week.