World map does not update rectangle properly

On the small world map, there is a rectangle showing what part of the
world is being displayed.  If you zoom in and out with "{" and "}",
the new rectange is drawn but the old one is not erased (or something
like that).  The result is a jumbled display until you cause it to
redraw somehow.  I think this started happening in its current form
within the last month or two, although I'm not sure of that.

This is xconq from CVS updated 22 Aug 2000.