postmodern & time broken

I play postmodern and time frequently...and those now appear to
be broken in 7.4.1.

In both of these games, a city must develop technology necessary to build
certain units.  This technology is developed by attempting to build that
unit...

This worked in 7.3.3, but in 7.4.1, the X UI no longer offers the option of
building the unit at all.  The AI seems to be able to build the units,
but I can't figure out how to do it.  Is this a bug, or a user interface change?

	Steve