Re: SDL interface checked in

> Next steps are to add the rest of the graphics bits, and then
> to start on the big task of adding dialogs and control panels.
> My original plan, to have a hybrid interface that used SDL for
> graphics and tcl/tk for widgets, didn't work out so well in
> practice, which means that interface elements will have to be
> built using SDL.  There are a couple toolkits for SDL that I'm
> going to look into.

Have you though about implementing module specific interface parts? Ie. let the
game modules supply (alternative) graphics and possibly placement of the
widgets. This could give xconq games some more "finish", imaging for instance
having a WW2 look on your interface while playing some panser battle scenario
and a startrek theme when playing the galaxy game mode... Lots of things can be
implemented to give some polish to the client using SDL (animations,sound...)
Look forward to test the SDL client after work.... perhaps I can help with some
SDL client things? (Yes, I've used SDL before on some private projects of
mine).

Thanks for a good game and for implementing something I've though
about suggesting/writing the last couple of weeks.

/ Mathias Broxvall