Re: SDL interface checked in

>I'm also sketching interface layout ideas.  Since one doesn't get
>multiple windows, all the dialogs and panes have to be integrated
>into the single screen.

This looks very promising for being a prototype version! I am a little
concerned about this single screen stuff, though. Surely there must be a
way around it? The best thing about the mac interface, as compared to
tcltk, is that you only get what you want on the screen (which is usuallly
a full-screen map for me, with a small floating world map in one corner and
a notice window in the other). Everything else is brought up only when I
need it.

Is it possible to handle dialogs, lists etc. in the same way in SDL, within
that single window? Come up at a click, and go away at another click? This
would be vastly superior to the static panes we are stuck with in tcltk.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se