Misc

I've just committed another pile of SDL stuff, including the elimination
of most compile warnings (except for unused variables in sdlmap.c,
they're likely to be needed when more code is uncommented), and the
addition of grid lines and country borders.  Adding the line drawing
was interesting, because SDL doesn't actually have a line primitive,
and so I faked it by using an image that is nothing but the lines
around a hex.  A bit of a struggle, with crashes inside SDL, until
I realized that you can't change the color key of an surface once it
has been set, at least not if you're going to do the RLE conversion.

Anyway, this brings my SDL hacking to a temporary halt; in a few days
I'm going on vacation for two weeks, to Antarctica.  We're going to be
on the cruise ship Hanseatic, visiting the Falklands and then the
Antarctic Peninsula, lots of whales and penguins and icebergs.
Rumor has it that the ship has some sort of Internet connection,
so maybe an e-postcard is possible, but I'll be incommunicado most
likely, and with no computer larger than a Palm (Palm games are
great for hurry-up-and-wait situations on trips!)

In a second message I'll post the current state of my SDL interface
widget thoughts.