From: Laurent Duperval [mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 9:31 AM
To: XConq Mailing List
Subject: Re: Questions about some modules

>> > Something else I'd like to know: is someone working on a Conquer
module?
>> > Something based on the Conquer game by Adam Bryant and Ed barlow.
>>
>> Not that I've heard of....
>
> That seems a bit ironic.  Isn't the name "xconq" derived from Conquer?

I doubt it. Looking at the history section, nowhere does it mention Bryant
or Barlow's name. There may also be licensing issues. The license for
Conquer 5 is pretty restrictive. I'm still trying to locate Bryant to see if
he is willing to loosen it a bit.

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com>