General design questions

Hi,

First off, I don't know the whole game library that well, so if there are
some games that implement the type of behaviour I'm looking for, please let
me know.

These are a few aspects of the original game which aren't implemented in the
module which I'm thinking of tackling:

- Science: the number of turns needed to do research is constant. I'd like to
  have it grow as time goes by. So maybe the first tech takes 20 turns, then
  30, then .... Is there a way to increment values like that as time goes by?
  Or do I have to build some type of table for this?

- Government: Goverment tyupes affect the way a lot of things work. There are
  7 types of governement. Each typ affects the number of science, gold and
  resources consumed and wasted. There are also effects on corruption and
  such, where the further away from the capital a city is located, the more
  corruption and waste occurs. These can be calculated using some type of
  formula, but how should the formula be implemented? Glancing quickly over
  the designer guide, there doesn't seem to be built-in facilities for this in
  the GDL. But then, this is behaviour specific to this game.

- There's also happiness, but I haven't quite thought out what to do with
  that. I'll probably make it another material type. If a game implements
  something similar to happiness, pleaselet me know.

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com>

Je m'appelle Talon: préparez celui du chèque!
                                             -Achille Talon