Re: Survival tactics

> If we want people to play XConq, essentially a multiplayer game, and
> contribute, we must make it easy to them. It must work over the net, it
> must use some kind of master server with chat rooms and be easy to start.

Well, in terms of what could be done as a short-term attainable
project, how about some kind of server which doesn't actually set up
the xconq games but which just says who is willing to play (either
immediately, or at specified times so that people could pick times
ahead of time)?  Possibly could be done on top of something like the
chat functionality in Yahoo Groups, or maybe IRC could be used (with a
certain set of conventions), or something.  Any volunteers for
something like this?  Few/no programming skills required....

As I think I've said before, I'm available for xconq games.  Either in
the San Francisco area, or by the net (probably requires cable modem
or DSL speeds, although I haven't done enough testing to really know).
Any takers?  Contact me by email.