CRT Combat Model

I'm new to xconq and trying to figure how to make combat odds work.  I could
use terrain effects to affect hit-chance, but this only results in a
hit+damage or no-hit/no-damage and isn't what I want.  I want to simulate
combined unit attacks by using supporting attacks to wear down or wreck
units, and then overrun attacks to vanish units and occupy the hex.  But how
to simulate odds based on relative attacker and defender strength, and
incorporate basic terrain effects that double or triple the defender?

Can we use conditional statements in damage tables?  For example, IF
attacker[2] vs defender[1]-on-t1, THEN use 2-1 damage effects. IF
attacker[2] vs defender[1]-on-t2, THEN use 1-1 damage effects.  Etc.  I
think I can use xconq for what I want to do if I can work through this to
recreate traditional wargame CRT-type combat resolution.  Has anyone tried
this and worked out the syntax?  Any clues or examples would be appreciated.
  Thanks.

Bill Macon