Re: CRT Combat Model (long)

Ditto.  I'm not up to coding a combat model myself, but it shouldn't be too
difficult for someone who knows what he's doing.  The attack and defend
values are there, terrain effects defined, so a CRT model to compute odds
and a table-list of effects for different die-roll results would be very
attractive.  Previous comment about interceptions is on the mark.  xconq
should have some way of allowing units to react by fire and/or movement if
enemy units enter their ZOC, which may be several hexes for air and naval
units.  Also, some way of designating a return to base for air/naval units
performing a mission would be good.  Looks like you have to use ranged fire
attacks now, which will work, but I'm not sure if those air/naval units
would be subject to counter-attack and losses.  I haven't gotten that far
yet.

BTW, I've completed a map and units.  Last night I got my ground units to
move and shoot for the first time, so I've got a semi-functional game to
build on.  I'll spend the rest of this week working on movement and combat
stuff and see whether I can get combat model 0 to work for me.