Re: printable online docs

* Erik Jessen (ejessen@adelphia.net) wrote:
> Well, since StarOffice exists and is free and can read Word, how about if I
> call it "StarOffice word-processor format"?

Well, if we make Star Office a requirement for xconq, the download is
going to be pretty big ;-)

> Seriously, I'm open to anything.  It's just that Word is pretty ubiquitous,
> and if somebody has a religious objection,
> then we can translate from Word into lots of other things (including HTML,
> PDF, Tex, etc. etc. etc.)

I think there are more readers out there for pdf files than for doc
files ... (I have a laptop with a small disk drive on which I can play
xconq ... if I need to download star office or abiword, my laptop is not
going to be recent enough ...).

How about developing the docs in .tex, convert is automatically to html
using hevea, and to pdf using tex2pdf ... and everything will be fine
(even windows game come with pdf docs nowadays).

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.