Re: X11/xlib.h missing in Xconq 7.4.1 download

>> I'm compiling the 7.4.1 download under Cygnus (win ME).  x11/xlib.h
>> file is missing.
>
>It should be in the tk/xlib/X11/ directory in the xconq distribution.
>You should use xconq from CVS; the 7.4.1 version is missing lots of
>Windows pieces.
>
>> Could someone mail it to me?
>
>You'll need more than that one file to make it work.

Also, you'll probably need cygwin-b20 installed, since the CVS version of
tcltk 8.0.4 is hacked to work with it. I've been told that more recent
versions of cygwin (1.3.9 etc.) cause problems. I haven't confirmed this
myself, though. Still using b20.

The good news is that soon you won't need cygwin (or mingw) to build Xconq
for Windows. With the fixes from Juergen Ruehle that I checked in 10 days
ago, the SDL app already builds natively under Windows and also runs
without problems. I have also hacked the tcltk interface so that it builds
and runs natively under Windows with the latest tcltk (8.3.4.2). I haven't
checked in this code yet, though, since I'm still trying to fix some bugs.

Hans

P.S. To build the SDL app natively under Windows, you need to add
sdlwin32.c to your project instead of xconq.c or wconq.c. And Xconq.RC if
you want a Windows icon.

You will also need to add the following libraries to your project:

kernel32.lib, user32.lib and wsock32.lib (from the Win32 SDK)

SDL.lib and  SDLmain.x86.LIB (from www.libsdl.org)

MSL_All_x86.lib (or its non-Metrowerks equivalent)

Finally, make sure you compile with "Enums always ints" on. SDL requires this.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se