Xconq network game now rock solid

Jim and I have now tested the network game more thoroughly then ever
before. We played the Intro game a few times and then "Advances through
History" for several hours. The game is now rock solid. Not a single synch
error or run warning in the entire time. The double-click problems are also
gone. We did experience a few brief (10 sec) freezes, but those were
probably network problems since one of them happened when we were chatting
after the game. Some minor bugs may still need to be fixed, but nothing
serious remains.

In conclusion, we now have a network game that is both playable and fun.
This means that the 7.5 release is getting close. However, I won't have
much time for it in the next two weeks because of grant deadlines. So those
of you who want to do some final testing before the release will still have
time to do so. Please report any bugs you find in that case.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se