Re: bug: unit->busy flag doesn't get cleared

>> A possible fix would be to make sure the busy unit cannot become the
>> current unit (it shouldn't, but apparently it does).
>
>That's also just a workaround.  The unit doesn't get the chance to
>move that turn.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. The fact that a busy unit can at
all become the current unit is also a bug that should be fixed, even if it
helped to reveal another bug in this case. You could also argue that it is
perfectly OK if a unit that tries to do something impossible has to wait
until end of turn. You seldom get a second chance to correct your action if
you try to do something impossible in real life :-).

But I agree that it would be nice to figure out exactly what is going on
before we fix the busy unit becomes current unit bug.

>I suppose if we want to keep thinking of workarounds, having
>set_unit_plan_type (eventually called from the "C" command) clear the
>busy flag might be of some help.  But of course the real question is
>why it gets stuck on in the first place, which is a bit hard to track
>down without a better way of reproducing it.  I'll try to remember to
>run with debugging on (if/when I get the chance to play).

I put in a debug warning for units that get their flag cleared at the end
of turn. So finding the bug will be easy once you trigger it.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se