variants for all games

> However, Stan didn't like the idea, so he removed the code about a
> year later. He thought we should fix the real problem (the game files)
> instead of using this ugly hack. We never got around to doing that,
> though.

Well, I don't see any record of this in the mailing list archives so I
don't know what his reasoning was.  I don't think we need to bring
back the add_more_variants code; I think it is as simple as changing
"int force_all_variants = FALSE;" to TRUE in read.c.  If the .g file
mentions the variant anyway, the code seems like it can deal with it.

It might be better if the .g file can set force_all_variants (with the
default to TRUE, probably), but I don't really see what the problem
with having it always TRUE would be.