Re: Death of an advanced unit

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 23:20, Hans Ronne wrote:
> >Did you ever see the AI tell a civ-0 (Level 0 civilization) to build a
> >civ-1 (Level 1 civilization)?  That's when I saw the segfaults, but I
> >didn't create a point-value incentive for the AI to try to do that.
>
> Nope. It just built endless numbers of troops.

Looks like the AI has a pretty weak thought process, if it's just going
for a grand army.  I find that especially interesting because in games
like "fantasy" or "postmodern" where it can build new (non-advanced)
cities and towns, it tends to focus all of its resources on growth and
makes itself extremely vulnerable to conquest (a fully-loaded cloudkeep
or airlifter can decimate any number of serfs or engineers).

Maybe it would help if the game had a more complex set of point values
for the various units.  As I recall, all units currently are worth one
point.  There is no way other than sheer luck that a shuttle could be as
valuable as a civ-3.

I also just realized that none of the facilities are actually defined as
facilities.  Looks like whatever the real problem here is, I have some
work to do...