Re: Two more AI bugs

>On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 19:10, Lincoln Peters wrote:
>> I noticed a fairly serious problem when the AI tries to play
>> "Colonizer".  I defined spaceports and cities as different units,
>> thinking that a spaceport would be able to build air units (motherships,
>> saucers, and fighters), while all the city types could build everything
>> else.  However, the AI seems to be telling spaceports to build non-air
>> units, such as infantry and armor, and as a result, the spaceports
>> idle.  I don't see that problem in any other games (although I don't
>> think that any other game uses different advanced units that don't all
>> build the same units).
>
>I just tried "3rd-age" and noticed this same problem.  Sometimes, the AI
>will tell a city to build something that its side is not allowed to
>build (i.e. a city of Umbar trying to build wolves, which are only
>available to Mordor and Isengard).  There's probably something missing
>from the AI's thought process that should be telling it, "Hey, you can't
>do that!"

That's weird. I will look into it. Did the AI also pause when this
happened? I'm asking because I have been trying to track down an annoying
bug that causes random hangs in the game for 30-60 sec, probably due to AI
buzzing. I have seen this happen to a side in the 3rd-age game that had
only one unit (a city) left, so it must have something to do with the
building code.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se