Re: One colonizing improvement down...

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 11:23, Hans Ronne wrote:
> u2 = unit->plan->maingoal->args[0]
>
> gives you the unit type to be built. If you want to hack
> good_cell_to_colonize to take that into consideration, you must pass a
> pointer to the colonizer (*unit) in its args. The current version of the
> function is an attempt to generalize the question about what is a good cell
> to colonize, with no specific reference to the unit being built. The reason
> for this is that I was planning for the ability to upgrade advanced units
> (village->town->city) when I wrote the code. It then makes sense to
> consider all possible advanced unit types (which good_cell_to_colonize
> does) and not just the one built initially.

I suppose it would also be possible to figure out what unit the advanced
units could change into and which of those units has the longest reach,
and then judge its desired separation based on that reach.  But for now,
maybe it would be a good idea to save that until the "change type"
command is actually implemented in the interfaces.