Re: Two more AI bugs

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 17:10, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Or more people working on the AI code. :-)  I estimate the current
> generic AI code is about 1/10 of the size that it should be, to
> be effective on a variety of games.  That's one of the motivations
> for multiple AI types that can be tied to specific games; it's
> really hard to make a single body of code that can understand the
> consequences of all the tricky things that a person can write into
> a game design.

What I meant was that if there were more people writing game modules,
having more games with their own tricks would allow us to more easily
figure out what the AI's missing.  Of course, it is also important to
have people who can then program the AI to be able to figure out those
games.

1/10th of the size that it should be?  I can agree with that; I think
that my proposed setup for the "Colonizing" plan was about 10 times as
big as the current setup.