Re: code in adjust_tooling_crossover?

>While working on the documentation, I ran into the following piece of
>code in calculating the crossover from tooling up one unit type to other
>types:
>
>		cross = (unit->tooling[u2] * uucross * uu_tp_max(u2,
>u3)) /
>			(uu_tp_max(u2, u3) * 100);
>
>The same quntity, uu_tp_max(u2, u3) is in both the numerator and
>denominator, which is uneeded arithmatic at best, since they would
>cancel each other out, unless it's depending on an arithmatic overflow,
>:-).  From the code in adjust_tech_crossover, I suspect that they should
>be two differnt quantities.  If someone more familiar with the code
>would look at it, I'd appreciate it.

You are probably right. The toolup code has to some extent been superseeded
by the research and advances code, but as long as it is there we should
maintain it. I don't think anybody (except perhaps Stan) is familiar with
it, so your guess as to how it really should work is as good as mine.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se