Re: Game unit design: a shield

What you could try doing is setting the acp-per-turn for the shield to
zero, mp-to-enter to 99 for all terrain types, but leave the speed of
the unit at 100 (the default).  Also make sure that the person has
capacity for the shield, using either capacity and unit-size-as-occupant
or unit-capacity-x.  Also define a protection value for the shield of
0.2.  Then, if a warrior is standing adjacent to a shield, he/she can
click on the shield to pick it up.  This is how the Guardian stone works
in "cave2.g", except that it offers 60% (0.4) protection.  The only
potential problem is that it would be difficult to then drop the shield
or give it to someone else (should you ever want to do either).