Re: Kind-of, sort-of improved facility_worth function

Lincoln Peters wrote:

I've tested civ2.g, and noticed several odd things.  Are frigates really
supposed to have 210 hitpoints (a battleship only has 40)

Looks like a typo, probably for "20".

And aren't
all of the facilities supposed to do something?  The only things I can
find concerning facilities are that the size of cities is limited if it
doesn't have an aqueduct and sewer system, city walls improve defense,
barracks repair ground units, port facilities repair ships, and airports
repair aircraft.  In that case, what's the point of the 33 other
facilities (and the 28 "wonders")?

Well, this game does need a great deal of work.  Item L111 in doc/PROJECTS
(see, there was a reason to number the items :-) ) describes how I thought
some of the CivII facility effects should translate into Xconq terms.
Most of the wonders are pretty hard to do in Xconq, they tend to be
oddball effects that don't translate into any of the tables.  At that
point you might as well go with freeciv...