Re: Civ game

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:33:57PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 19:31, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> > > For instance, I'd like to see the stuff listed as "Required Advances",
> > > "Prerequisite advances", and "Enables" to be clickable
[...]
> There are some GUI toolkits I know of that have HTML engines either
> built-in or as a (standard) accessory.  I've seen this in GTK+ and in
> Qt, but I don't know about tcltk or SDL.

Whoa!  That's going a bit far.

I wasn't suggesting converting the help browser into a full html engine.
I don't think that is necessary, and it is almost certainly overkill.
I'm just suggesting that the EXISTING cross-referential nature of
the gdl file be used better by the help browser.

As far as html goes, it probably wouldn't be horribly difficult to
just write a gdl to html converter  that dumps out a help directory
you could directly point a browser at -- no need to write a new tool
to do that!

	Steve