Re: 'include' and 'base-module' statements

Erik Jessen wrote:

base-module
1) the module referred to in 'base-module' must be in the 'lib' directory.

More accurately, it needs to be in a directory in the search path,
and the lib dir is usually in there.

include
There doesn't appear to be an example of it anywhere.

How are you looking?  By my count, there are over 110 examples
in the lib dir.  standard.g includes stdunit.g, nat-names.g, town-names.g,
and ng-features.g for instance.

From what I can tell,
1) it requires the file to be in the 'lib' directory.

Or anywhere on the search path.

2) it must be in the format of
   (include "<modulename>").

   No '.g' suffix

Yes.  At one point I was considering ideas like burying modules in the
executable, so wanted to decouple name and file extension.

3) it is a real include (i.e. no 'game-module' command in it).

Yes.

Now here's a question; the map defaults to being rows.
I'd like to install an existing game which uses columns.
Is there some way to get Xconq to display the map that way?

Not without a lot of hacking to alter the x/y translation.  Not
unlike the perspective view code, so there's a model to work from.
You'd need new sets of terrain images too.

Also, is there some way to get Xconq to do a hexagonal map (but not be
'wraparound')?

Make the world's circumference larger than its width.