Re: what about streets?

> I like playing xconq (the standardgame) but one thing is missing: you can't
> build roads through forests or mountains so that armours can pass.

The problem in any game which lets you build roads (e.g. empire.g
although that isn't really a playable game) is how to make building
roads hard enough for the terrain to actually matter.

In the standard game, the roads which are generated at the beginning
of the game are all you get.  So if you don't have a road through
forests or mountains, take them around it (or use infantry).