Re: AI is a pushover & UI

bboett@bboett.dyndns.org said:
> tcl/tk is an incredible messy thing, and very soons becomes un
> debuggable and unreadable,

I mostly lurk here, but I can't let this pass.  Whatever reasons there are
for switching to SDL, Tcl/Tk is not ipso facto messy.  I've worked on projects
with hundreds of thousands of lines of Tcl/Tk and they were well structured,
readable and debuggable.  Good software engineering discipline means you can
write good code anywhere, but you can write messy, undebuggable unreadable
code in any language.  Please don't blame the language for the faults of the
coders.

(And I'm not saying that the xconq Tcl interface is messy, either.  I've not
examined it carefully; I just love to play the game.)