Re: Website correction - again and documentation comments

Hans Ronne wrote:

By the way, I hope to finish the actions.c docs during my holiday time
around Christmas, and I plan to work on supply.c next as I'm curious
about the current supply code.  I couldn't find a game that seemed to
use most of the new supply code GDL.  Is there one that demonstrates the
breakage, as well as all the features?

Not to my knowledge. You are correct in noticing that none of the existing
game modules use the supply.c GDL stuff, which is found near the end of
table.def. There is a common misunderstanding (on this list) the in-length
and out-length has something to do with the supply code, but they are not
even used there. Instead, they are used in run_economy, which is called
before run_supply.

I think Stan once said that the supply code was problematic, but I don't
know how he tested it. I have never used it myself in any of my games. So
maybe its reputation as being broken is exaggerated. I suggest you modify
one of the existing games by adding support for supply.c and see how it
works.

The test game test/supply.g does run, but I once tried to use some of the
parameters in a real game, and it didn't go very well, although I've
forgotten exactly what happened.  Probably in an old list message.

Also, is there a way to display all the images and names available to
Xconq?  The image files only seem to be a subset of the available ones.

Yes, there are images hardcoded into most of the .imf files as well. There
is a small utility program that will load and display all available images.
It's called IMFApp on the Mac, ximfapp under Unix and wimfapp for Windows.
Not sure if wimfapp ever worked, though.

Hans

wimfapp did work at one point, that's partly how I got the Windows port limping.
Image browser is a handy way for porters to see if all the different kinds
of images are being rendered correctly.